Saturday 1 September 2012

Society and Fat Shame.


Why does society continue to do this to us? Because of society, we are made to think and feel a certain way about topics that are usually, somewhat shunned if you talk about it in today's average life. Society treats sex as if a topic you shouldn't discuss, what's worse is that Men are treated like legends for sleeping with multiple women, yet women are treated as... lets say.. trollops. Fuck Society.

Tonight's topic wont be about sex though. That's a later topic. Tonight's topic is FAT.

What is fat? In realistic terms, fat is having an excess amount of flesh. (oh no! not excess flesh!) However, in society terms, fat is that disgusting shit that covers you body and makes you unattractive, so you need to shed it if you ever want a boyfriend or girlfriend.



Did you know, around the late 1800's and early 1900's FAT women were seen as the epitome of beauty? If you were a larger woman in those days, you were desired by men everywhere! But the beauty standards change, and new idea's become relevant.

Why are people so afraid of fat anyway? are we all communists? Do we all fear and adore things because society and media tell us to? I'm not afraid of fat, but i used to be. I used to hate being called fat, or treated like I was fat. I would look in the mirror and hate the relfection. Nowdays, I dont care if I'm called fat, to me, it would hurt more to be called dumb, or ignorant.. or selfish. Fat is just a word and so many people fear it.

I am an extreme anti-bullying supporter. Its cruel to bully people or call them fat, but I also don't believe in bullying those that are skinny. Bullying is not cool guys. So photos like this are wrong too.


Why pick on that poor girl because of how she looks? Why degrade one type of women in hopes of making another type feel better. It doesn't have to be like that guys. <3

Signing off as me, Summer-Jane, from Australia, and here to stay positive in hopes of teaching others about relationships and give people a little bit of positivity in their day. I love you all and be proud of who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment