Tuesday 28 August 2012

Beauty and Other Social Things

Almost a year ago, I enrolled in a beauty course, thinking that I wanted to pursue my dream of working in the beauty industry as a make up artist. I've been in that course for a year now, and my ideas have changed.

Couldn't have said it better myself. ^

Coming from someone who wears make up to school and work, someone who grew up being extremely uncomfortable in their own skin, I know what it feels like to use make up as a cover up.. to feel pretty and brighter, because you feel like you're hiding everything bad, when you coat your face in make up.

It used to be even worse then that, most days I would NEVER leave the house with out wearing make up. But times have changed, and my ideas too. I wear make up to school most of the time, still, but not nearly as much as I used to. I stopped wearing it to work and TAFE, as it became a chore. I feel free in my own skin (which is far from perfect) but what's the point of caring how people are going to judge you? With or without make up, my friends still love me the same. I am still studying beauty, but my ideas have changed.

Perfection is another thing I cant wrap my head around. Society forces these ideas into our minds that perfection is everything and to be perfect is all any girl can hope for. But if every girls dream is to be perfect, no wonder teenagers today are in such a toxic environment. We already have enough problems without you trying to fuck it up, society!


No body is perfect, no one can be perfect, because perfection in the eyes of one is awful in the eyes of another.

Coming from the girl sitting at her computer in track pants and glasses, playing Maplestory, and talking to friends, be who you want to be, because some day, you might not get the chance.

P.S. For those of you who don't know what Maplestory is.


Basically an anime, 2D community thing. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment