Wednesday 9 January 2013

The Superhero in All of Us.

Either I sometimes get way ahead of myself or I am my own hero. For decades women were believed to need saving from a hero or a prince, but my question is why? why do women need saving? why do princesses wait for their prince charmings? why cant we be our own hero? So thats what i decided. No more waiting for Superman to save me from my boring, everyday life. No more sitting in my room wishing to be whisked away to the fairytale wonderland I've come to dream of.


I am my own hero and i make the decisions. If i want to be reckless and shady, i will. If i want to be classy and mature, I will. Women's rights have been fought for and this is what we have to show for? Girls still needing saving and prince charmings still off smoking crack somewhere? Yep, Women of the 20th Century, our era is in need of some serious changing.

Signing off as a true Superhero. Love, Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment